Nantucket by Design is delighted to be working with the students from the New York School of Interior Design for the fifth year as they bring modern day life into NHA historical properties. Directed by Ellen Fisher, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Dean, the students are guided to develop narratives about their design concepts and to rethink modern life in various historic properties. The students research the island’s history and culture, and create their vision for you to experience.
This year we are pleased to introduce the students who will be working on this design project:
- Graduate Team Entry: Rachel Golland & Kelsey Egan (MFA)
- Graduate Individual Entry: Hannah Propst (MFA)
- Undergrad Team Entry: Jessica Tucker and Shane Curnutt (BFA)
- Undergrad Individual Entry: Nicole Halulakos (BFA)
Each student will be connected with a mentor who is a designer that has been part of Nantucket by Design over the years, or is a member of the NYSID community to guide their development and design.
Due to the generosity of the Williams Foundation, each student will receive a $500 award, once the completed designs have been submitted.
View Photos from Past NYSID Projects
Reimagining The Oldest House:
2019 Student Designers:
- Bailey McGrath & Monica Seroiczkowski
- Valerie Goldin & Christine Simeon
2018 Student Designers:
- Seryung Hong & Juhee Son
- Audrey Keller &Trisha Kennedy