April 1977Spring 1977

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • Editorial (p. 5)
  • A Visit to Nantucket in 1826 (p. 6)
  • W. Ripley Nelson – A Tribute (p. 9)
  • The Quaise Farm Horror of 1844 (p. 10)
  • The Rev. Fr. John D. Whitney, S.J. by Edouard A. Stackpole (p. 13)
  • A Nantucket Shipmaster’s “Sea Anchor” (p. 20)
  • The Ordeal of the “Island Home” (p. 21)
  • The Lightship “Nantucket” (p. 26)
  • Lament for a Favorite Locomotive (p. 29)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >