April 1980Spring 1989

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • Editorial – The Quiet Sentinel on the Hill (p. 5)
  • The Bark “Richard Parsons” and Captain B. Whitford Joy by Edouard A. Stackpole (p. 7)
  • Quakers Honor Centenary of the Death of Lucretia Coffin Mott (p. 13)
  • Spring Comes to Nantucket by the late Mary E. Starbuck (p. 16)
  • Cutting in a Whale at Nantucket April 1, 1870 (p. 17)
  • “Footprints in the Sand” – de Crevecoeur on Nantucket by Laland Keeshan (p. 18)
  • Legacies and Bequests Address Changes (p. 26)
  • Benjamin Franklin’s Letter from London to Cousin Kezia (p. 27)
  • Cleavelands on the Islands by Theodore C. Wyman (p. 28)
  • “Benny Cleveland’s Job” by the late Joseph A. Campbell (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >