January 1976Winter 1976

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • Editorial – The Lightship “Nantucket” Another Challenge (p. 5)
  • A Visit to Nantucket in 1769 by a Quaker from England (p. 6)
  • Some Uses of History: The Nantucket Humanities Program by Barry Phillips (p. 11)
  • To a Departing Kinsman by Sheriff Josiah F. Barrett (p. 15)
  • The Nantucket Lightship Will Be a Floating Exhibit (p. 16)
  • Francis Rotch’s Account of The Boston Tea Party by Edouard A. Stackpole (p. 20)
  • Steamboat Wharf – July, 1886 (p. 25)
  • Report of the Archaeology Council by Paul C. Morris (p. 26)
  • The Store With the Bell Above the Door by Roland Bunker Hussey (p. 28)
  • The “Barba Negra” Took Nantucket Group for a Sail (p. 30)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >