July 1955Vol. 3 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Editorial (p. 4)
  • “The Nantucket Whaling Museum” by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 6)
  • Annual Reports (p. 35)
    • Admissions (p. 35)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Nancy S. Adams (p. 36)
    • Old Mill by Earl S. Ray (p. 37)
    • The Oldest House by Mildred C. Edgarton (p. 38)
    • 1800 House by Nancy S. Adams (p. 39)
    • Old Jail by James A. Norcross (p. 40)
    • Gifts and Donors 1954–1955 by Nancy S. Adams (p. 41)
    • Membership Report by Nancy S. Adams (p. 45)
    • Publicity and Advertising (p. 47)
    • Finance Committee by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 49)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 51)
  • “Nantucket’s Colony in the Old World” by Burnham N. Dell (p. 53)
  • “Keziah Coffin Fanning’s Diary” by Nancy S. Adams (p. 62)
  • History Making Events (p. 66)
  • Staff (p. 70)
  • Officers (p. 71)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >