July 1956Vol. 4 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Editorial (p. 5)
  • Our President Retires (p. 7)
  • Annual Reports (p. 9)
    • Admissions Record (p. 9)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Nancy S. Adams (p. 10)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. William Perkins (p. 11)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 12)
    • 1800 House by Grace Du Bois Bartlett (p. 13)
    • Old Mill by Earl S. Ray (p. 14)
    • Old Jail by James A. Norcross (p. 14)
    • Gifts and Donors 1955–1956 (p. 15)
    • Membership Report by Nancy S. Adams (p. 19)
    • Publicity and Advertising (p. 20)
    • Finance Committee by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 21)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 22)
  • Annual Local History Awards (p. 24)
  • “Nantucket Lighthouses” by Gerald E. Eldridge (p. 25)
  • “Historical Nantucket Buildings” by Frederick Chase (p. 30)
  • “Keziah Coffin Fanning’s Diary” by Nancy S. Adams (p. 35)
  • History Making Events (p. 40)
  • Season Admission Schedule (p. 44)
  • Historical Buildings (p. 44)
  • Officers (p. 46)
  • Staff (p. 47)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >