July 1957Vol. 5 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Editorial (p. 4)
  • Annual Reports (p. 8)
    • Admissions Report (p. 8)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Ida L. Mather (p. 9)
    • The Oldest House by Ruth Perkins (p. 10)
    • 1800 House by Grace Du Bois Bartlett (p. 10)
    • Old Jail by James A. Norcross (p. 11)
    • Old Mill by Earl S. Ray (p. 11)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 12)
    • Publicity and Advertising by Stokeley W. Morgan (p. 13)
    • Finance Committee by Stokeley W. Morgan (p. 13)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 14)
    • Gifts and Donors 1956–1957 by Ida L. Mather (p. 16)
    • Membership Committee Report (p. 19)
  • Annual Local History Awards (p. 20)
  • “Railroads in Nantucket” by Sandra Fee (p. 21)
  • “Nantucket History” by Frederick Chase (p. 26)
  • History Making Events (p. 33)
  • “Old Sturbridge Village Workshop” by Nancy S. Adams (p. 37)
  • Season Admission Schedule (p. 40)
  • Historical Buildings (p. 40)
  • “Keziah Coffin Fanning’s Diary” by Nancy S. Adams (p. 42)
  • Officers (p. 46)
  • Staff (p. 47)
  • Help Yourself – and the Association, Too (p. 48)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >