July 1958Vol. 6 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers (p. 2)
  • Staff (p. 2)
  • Annual Reports (p. 4)
    • Admissions Report (p. 4)
    • Membership Report (p. 4)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 5)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. William Perkins (p. 6)
    • 1800 House by Nancy S. Adams (p. 6)
    • Old Gaol by Oswell J. Small (p. 6)
    • Old Mill by Robert C. Caldwell (p. 7)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 7)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 10)
  • “Early Nantucket Artists” by Louise Stark (p. 12)
  • History Making Events of 1958 (p. 25)
  • “Shawkemo Chapter of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society” by Stanley Roy (p. 29)
  • Gifts and Donors (p. 31)
  • The Annual History Award (p. 33)
  • “Shipwrecks Around Nantucket since 1940” by Michael Bachman (p. 34)
  • “Keziah Coffin Fanning’s Diary” by Nancy S. Adams (p. 39)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 43)
  • Admission Schedule (p. 44)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >