July 1959Vol. 7 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • A Message from the President (p. 5)
  • Editorial (p. 6)
  • Annual Reports (p. 8)
    • Membership Report (p. 8)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 10)
    • The Oldest House by Ruth Perkins (p. 11)
    • 1800 House by Nancy S. Adams (p. 11)
    • Old Jail by Oswell J. Small (p. 11)
    • The Old Mill by Robert C. Caldwell (p. 12)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 12)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 15)
  • Gifts and Donors 1958–1959 by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 17)
  • History Making Events of 1959 (p. 20)
  • “The Whale Craft Shops” by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 21)
  • “The Folger Franklin Seat and Memorial Boulder” by Dr. William E. Gardner (p. 33)
  • “Bay State Historical League Spring Meeting” reported by Nancy S. Adams (p. 38)
  • Whaling Seminars (p. 39)
  • “The Tuckernuck Yoho” by Richard Heard (p. 40).
  • Supplement
    • Membership List

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >