July 1960Vol. 8 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • “Our Native Isle” by Susan Barnard Crosby-Lowden (p. 82)
  • In Memoriam: Everett U. Crosby (p. 85)
  • A Message from our President (p. 86)
  • Annual Reports (p. 88)
    • Membership Report (p. 88)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 89)
    • 1800 House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 91)
    • The Oldest House by Ruth Perkins (p. 91)
    • The Old Mill by Robert Caldwell (p. 92)
    • The Old Jail by Oswell Small (p. 92)
    • Advertising and Publicity by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 93)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 94)
  • “The Historic Nantucket Print” by Ruth Haviland Sutton (p. 95)
  • Treasurer’s Report (p. 101)
  • Analysis of Surplus (p. 103)
  • Gifts and Donors 1959–1960 (p. 104)
  • Recent Events, Briefly Noted (p. 107)
  • Marcel E. A. Gouin, 1900–1960 (p. 109)
  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 110)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 111)
  • Admission Schedule (p. 112)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >