July 1961Vol. 9 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 78)
  • Editorial (p. 81)
  • “Letters of Annie Maria Mitchell” edited by Alice Payne Amey (p. 83)
  • “The Clove Ship” by Stokeley Williams Morgan (p. 91)
  • Annual Reports (p. 92)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 93)
    • Report on the Meetings for Worship of the Religious Society of Friends by Hanna D. Monaghan (p. 94)
    • 1800 House by Charlotte G. King (p. 95)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. Francis W. Pease (p. 96)
    • The Old Mill by Robert Caldwell (p. 97)
    • The Old Jail by Oswell J. Small (p. 98)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 99)
    • Advertising and Publicity by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 101)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 103)
    • Gifts and Donors 1960–1961 by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 106)
  • Recent Events, Briefly Noted (p. 109)
  • “Diary of William C. Folger” edited by Nancy S. Adams (p. 110)
  • In Memoriam: Dr. Frank E. Lewis – 1884–1961 (p. 118)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 119)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >