July 1962Vol. 10 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • “Dedication of the Baptist Church Steeple” by Merle T. Orleans (p. 5)
  • “The Winter Gam – 1962” by Alma P. Robbins (p. 8)
  • “Civil War Memoranda” (p. 13)
  • “Quaker Meeting – 1961” by Hanna D. Monaghan (p. 14)
  • “Remarks on the Coffin Genealogy with a Table of Contents” (p. 16)
  • Annual Reports (p. 18)
    • Gifts and Donors 1961–1962 by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 21)
    • The Old Mill by Robert Caldwell (p. 24)
    • 1800 House by Charlotte G. King (p. 24)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 26)
    • The Old Jail by Norman Giffin (p. 27)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. Francis Pease (p. 28)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 29)
    • Advertising and Publicity by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 32)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 34)
  • Recent Events Briefly Noted (p. 37)
  • Arthur Chester Faunce 1883–1962 (p. 38)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 39)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >