July 1964Vol. 12 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • “The Sheep’s Commons Fight” by Emil Frederick Guba (p. 5)
  • In Memoriam: Henry Coffin Carlisle, 1886–1864 (p. 17)
  • “The Satler Memorial (Hadwen House) 96 Main Street” by H. Errol Coffin (p. 19)
  • “Friends Meeting 1963” by Katherine Seeler (p. 23)
  • Annual Reports (p. 24)
    • Gifts and Donors (p. 26)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 27)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. Francis W. Pease (p. 28)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 28)
    • Advertising and Publicity by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 30)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 31)
    • Recent Events (p. 34)
    • “Diary of William C. Folger” edited by Nancy S. Adams (p. 35)
    • Legacies and Bequests (p. 39)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >