July 1965Vol. 13 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association and Staff (p. 2)
  • Dr. William E. Gardner, 1872–1965. Some Editorial Reflections (p. 5)
  • “Miss Rivett and the Embroidery Class” by Mrs. Walter Beinecke, Jr. (p. 8)
  • The 1965 Gam (p. 11)
  • The Historical Essay Contest (p. 13)
    • “Quakerism in Nantucket” by Sandra Smith (p. 13)
  • “These Fragile Outposts – A Book Review” by Barbara Blau Chamberlain (p. 15)
  • Quaker Meeting 1964 by Hanna D. Monaghan (p. 16)
  • Annual Reports (p. 17)
    • Membership Report (p. 17)
    • Report of Curator, 1964–65 by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 20)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 21)
    • The Oldest House by Edith F. Andrews (p. 21)
    • The Old Mill by Henry B. Coleman (p. 21)
    • Old Jail by Norman P. Giffin (p. 22)
    • The 1800 House by Ethel C. Clark (p. 22)
    • Hadwen House – Satler Memorial by Albert F. Egan (p. 22)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 23)
    • Fire Hose Cart House by Albert G. Brock (p. 27)
    • Advertising-Publicity-Publications by H. Errol Coffin and W. Ripley Nelson (p. 27)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 28)
  • Recent Events (p. 31)
  • “Diary of William C. Folger” edited by Nancy S. Adams (p. 32)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 35)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >