July 1966Vol. 14 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • “Universalism in Nantucket” by Alan Seaburg (p. 5)
  • 1966 Historical Essay Contest (p. 10)
    • “Nantucket’s Railroads” by Brian Holdgate (p. 10)
    • “The Boy from ‘Sconset – 1918” by Penny Holdgate (p. 12)
  • “Friends Meeting in Nantucket – 1965” by Katherine Seeler (p. 14)
  • Annual Reports (p. 15)
    • Membership Report (p. 15)
    • Report of Curator 1965–1966 by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 18)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Mrs. William L. Mather (p. 19)
    • The 1800 House by Ethel C. Clark (p. 19)
    • The Old Mill by Henry B. Coleman (p. 19)
    • Old Gaol by Albert G. Brock (p. 20)
    • Fire Hose-Cart House by Irving T. Bartlett (p. 20)
    • The Oldest House by Edith F. Andrews (p. 20)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 21)
    • Advertising-Publicity-Publications by H. Errol Coffin and W. Ripley Nelson (p. 24)
    • Hadwen House – Satler Memorial by Albert F. Egan, Jr. (p. 25)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 26)
  • Recent Events (p. 29)
  • “Diary of William C. Folger” edited by Nancy S. Adams (p. 30)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >