July 1968Vol. 16 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • “Green Hand on the ‘Susan’, 1841–1846” by Edgar L. McCormick (p. 5)
  • “Nantucket Friends Meeting, Summer 1967” by Katherine Seeler (p. 14)
  • Annual Reports (p. 19)
    • Membership Report (p. 19)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Elizabeth B. Worth (p. 22)
    • Report of Curator, 1967–1968 by Dorothy Gardner (p. 23)
    • The 1800 House by Bernice Winslow Foye (p. 24)
    • Advertising – Publicity – Publications by H. Errol Coffin & W. Ripley Nelson (p. 25)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 26)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. J. Clinton Andrews (p. 29)
    • The Old Mill by Richard P. Swain (p. 29)
  • Recent Events (p. 30)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >