July 1969Vol. 17 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • Editorial: Nantucket Historical Drive (p. 5)
  • “First 150 Years” by Edouard A. Stackpole (p. 6)
  • Membership Report (p. 12)
  • “The Editor Retires” (p. 16)
  • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 17)
  • Finances (p. 20)
  • Advertising – Publicity – Publications by H. Errol Coffin and W. Ripley Nelson (p. 23)
  • Nantucket Historical Association Buildings and Exhibits Open (p. 24)
  • Curator’s Report (p. 25)
  • “Green Hand on the Susan 1841-48 Part V: Bound to the Kingsmill Group” by Edgar L. McCormick (p. 26)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >