July 1970Vol. 18 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • “Environmental Preservation – Our Responsibility” (p. 5)
  • “Nantucket Winds” by Grace Elkins Hutaff (p. 6)
  • “Solar Eclipse at Nantucket Marked an Historic Island Occasion” (p. 7)
  • Annual Reports (p. 14)
    • Advertising – Publicity – Publications by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 14)
    • The Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Elizabeth B. Worth (p. 15)
    • The Whaling Museum by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 16)
    • Membership Report (p. 19)
    • Treasurer’s Report (p. 22)
    • The Oldest House by Mrs. J. Clinton Andrews (p. 25)
    • Curator’s Report (p. 25)
    • The Hadwen House-Satler Memorial by Mrs. Irving A. Soverino (p. 27)
    • The Old Mill by Richard P. Swain (p. 27)
  • Historical Association’s Drive (p. 28)
  • Historical Exhibits Now Open for 1970-71 Season (p. 29)
  • “The First Congregational Church Rededication Ceremonies” (p. 31)
  • “Green Hand on the Susan, 1841–1846: A Cruise for Right Whales” by Edgar L. McCormick (p. 36)
  • Nantucket Summer Institute Launched (p. 39)
  • Events of Interest (p. 40)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 43)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >