July 1971Vol. 19 No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers and Staff (p. 2)
  • Editorial: The Nantucket Summer Institute (p. 5)
  • “The Nantucket Letters of J. Hector St. John de Crevecoeur: Customary Education and Employment of the Inhabitants of Nantucket” edited and condensed by A. Morris Crosby (p. 6)
  • Annual Reports (p. 9)
    • Administrator’s Report (p. 9)
    • Membership Report (p. 11)
    • Whaling Museum Report by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 12)
    • 1800 House Report by Mrs. Roy H. Gilpatrick (p. 17)
    • Historical Museum and Friends Meeting House by Elizabeth B. Worth (p. 17)
    • The Hadwen-Satler House Memorial by Alcon Chadwick (p. 19)
    • Report of the Curator (p. 19)
    • The Peter Foulger Museum (p. 20
    • Old Goal by Albert G. Brock (p. 22)
  • “From the South Seas” by William B. Hussey (p. 23)
  • “‘Whale House’ and Whale Skeleton Presented Association by Trust” (p. 27)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 31)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >