NHA Historic PropertiesSpring/Summer 2014

Volume 64, No. 1

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Windows on the Past
    by William J. Tramposch (p.1)
  • Oldest House: On the edge of the English settlement (p.6)
  • Old Mill: Grinding the Island’s corn (p.12)
  • Macy Christian House: The Town evolves (p.18)
  • 1800 House: The sheriff’s fine home (p.20)
  • Old Gaol: A snug lockup (p.22)
  • Thomas Macy House: Refinement comes to Main Street (p.26)
  • Quaker Meeting House and Fair Street Museum: Rethinking, reusing, restoring (p.30)
  • Hadwen House: The pinnacle of opulence (p.34)
  • Fire Hose Cart House: Last of the neighborhood fire houses (p.39)
  • Greater Light: The artistic life (p.41)
  • Whaling Museum Campus: Telling the stories (p.46)
  • Research Library: Archiving history (p.48)
  • Bartholomew Gosnold Center: A place for everything (p.C3)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation among all audiences.

> >