October 1963Vol. 11 No. 2

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Officers (p. 2)
  • President’s Annual Report for the Year 1962–1963 (p. 5)
  • Annual Meeting (p. 9)
  • Historical Essay Contest (p. 10)
    • “Mysteries and Shipwrecks of Nantucket” by Wendy Lawrence (p. 10)
  • “Mid-Summer Fantasy” (p. 14)
  • “Gardner Street Hose Cart House” (p. 15)
  • “Silk Industry in Nantucket” by Rev. Myron S. Dudley (p. 19)
  • “Exhibition of Old Slides” by W. Ripley Nelson (p. 23)
  • “What Became of the First Book of Nantucket Town Records, Hidden in 1677” by Clarence King (p. 24)
  • In Memoriam: Stokeley W. Morgan, 1893–1963; Burnham N. Dell, 1889–1963 (p. 27)
  • Recent Events (p. 28)
  • “Diary of William C. Folger” edited by Nancy S. Adams (p. 30)
  • Legacies and Bequests (p. 35)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >