October 1973Fall 1973

IN THIS ISSUE:

  • Nantucket Historical Association Staff and Officers (p. 2)
  • Editorial (p. 5)
  • 1,000 Acre Cornfield on Nantucket? (p. 6)
  • “The Walk” by Mary Starbuck (p. 6)
  • Saving Ship “Liverpool Packet” in 1881 (p. 8)
  • Famous Walter Folger Clock Restored (p. 11)
  • “Blue and Gold,” by George P. Christian (p. 14)
  • A Whaling Master’s Adventuresome Life (p. 15)
  • Administrator’s Report (p. 22)
  • Admiral William Folger’s Interest in the World of the Supernatural (p. 24)
  • Island Descendant Write of Visit (p. 27)
  • Davidson Photographs at Peter Folger Museum (p. 29)
  • To Capt. William Baxter (p. 30)

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >