Bounded on two sides by Hummock Pond Road, and also by Milk and Vestal streets, the Prospect Hill Cemetery is the principal Protestant burial ground. The earliest existing stone dates from 1811. Papers pertaining to cemetery business, including receipts for lots sold in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, date from 1873. Mt. Vernon Cemetery, whose land was purchased in 1884, has been incorporated into Prospect Hill.
The Prospect Hill Cemetery is maintained by the Prospect Hill Association. More information, and an “Alphabetized List Historic Persons of Prospect Hill Cemetery” is available on the Friends of Prospect Hill website.