This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held in the Research Library at the Nantucket Historical Association. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in our reading room, and not digitally available through the internet.
The Ladies’ Aid Society was first organized around 1913 under the auspices of the Alliance of Unitarian Women and appears to have dissolved in 1918. The collection includes meeting minutes, accounting records, and bills.
- Collection Number:
- Ladies’ Aid Society Records
- Ladies’ Aid Society.
- 9 items
- Nantucket Historical Association
- Material is in English.
Information for Users
Restrictions to Access: No restrictions. Open for research.
Restrictions to Use: No usage restrictions.
Copyright Notice: Copyright is retained by the authors of items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Preferred Citation: [identification of item], in the Ladies’ Aid Society Records, Nantucket Historical Association.
Gift of an unknown donor.Sensitive Materials Statement:
Manuscript collections and archival records may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g., a cause of action under common law for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual’s private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the Nantucket Historical Association assumes no responsibility.
- Women in charitable work--Massachusetts--Nantucket.
- Women--Societies and clubs.
The Ladies’ Aid Society was first organized around 1913 under the auspices of the Alliance of Unitarian Women to distribute monetary aid. The group was officially named “Ladies’ Aid” on 6 November 1913, but was also referred to as “Ladies’ Aid A.U.W.” and the “Ladies’ Aid Committee” in their minutes and in articles published in the Nantucket Inquirer and Mirror. The group appears to have dissolved in 1918.
Scope and Content
The collection includes meeting minutes, accounting records, and bills.
Folder 1 Bills, 1917–1918
Folder 2 Minutes and accounting records, 1913–1918