Tristram Coffin Homestead Site Marker

The site marker placed by Coffin descen­dants in 1881 locates Coffin’s first dwelling built “under the hill” near Capaum Harbor about 1661. One hundred square feet of land around the marker was donated to the NHA in 1981 by R. Draper Richards, a direct descendant of Tristram Coffin.

Learn more about the history of the Tristram Coffin Homestead Site Marker

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >