Virtual Event: History of the Hadwen House

Join us to learn about the Hadwen House, located at 96 Main Street. Built in 1845–6 by William and Eunice Barney Hadwen, the house was designed, according to local tradition, by self-taught Nantucket architect Frank Brown Coleman (also of the Methodist Church and Nantucket Atheneum) and was the site of well-attended entertainment throughout the nineteenth century. In the twentieth century, the house was owned by the Satler family, who donated it to the NHA in the 1960s.

Tune in to learn more about this stately home and the families who lived there.

The Nantucket Historical Association preserves and interprets the history of Nantucket through its programs, collections, and properties, in order to promote the island’s significance and foster an appreciation of it among all audiences.

> >